Monday, October 02, 2006

Introduction

 So, I’m not anxious to share locations, trails, coordinates, and such about my back country destinations. But, I’m confident there will only be a few people who lay eyes on this blogg. Also, if you found this blogg and you really have the drive to go to these destinations, I’m willing to share. Just don’t mess them up (i.e. remove your trash, dig deep cat holes, don’t build fires, and so on).

I’ll try to stay politically neutral. All I will say is: wilderness is extremely important and 4-wheelers, logging, and mining are an abomination. There is so much room to ride 4-wheelers in NA that what little wilderness we have should be protected. All that oil that is supposedly in Southern Utah that some people think should be mined is a farce. If some of those towns down there, craving money from mines, would change their message as a pristine wilderness stop, they would do a lot better. Just look at Moab.

One other thing – let it burn! I don’t see why we keep wasting all the money to extinguish forest fires when we could just let it burn, like it would if we weren’t around to interfere. If we did that, all of the old forests with piles of deadwood would be replaced by new forest. It’s just piling up, waiting to burn, and burning all the hotter with the deadwood around. If we let it burn, the fires wouldn’t be nearly as bad and it would save us a lot of tax money.

There you go. Now you know how I feel about wilderness. The rest of these bloggs should be about wilderness journeys with some important GPS coordinates. I tend to walk slow, look around, and fish once-in-a-while.


No comments: